Bill of Sale

By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

When you buy real estate the seller signs a document called a deed to transfer ownership (title) to you. When you buy personal property (equipment, furniture) the seller uses a "bill of sale" to transfer ownership. Caution - in some cases state sales tax may apply. See the sample forms for bills of sale in the forms sections of this website.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space