By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

In some states you can file a claim, which might be called a caveat, against a will. This is an objection to the will being admitted to probate and will afford you an opportunity to contest the will. In other states, or in other circumstances, this expedited process is not available and you will have to instead file a formal lawsuit or complaint.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space