Involuntary Conversion

By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

When your property is destroyed (converted) by a casualty loss and you receive an insurance payment, you can avoid a current tax cost by reinvesting the money in qualifying replacement property within four years after the close of the tax year in which the conversion occurred.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space