Moving Expenses

By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

If you have to move to a new home in connection with starting work at a new principal place of work, you may qualify to deduct, as an itemized deduction, a number of expenses of the move. Deductible expenses may include the costs of moving your household goods. To qualify, your new principal place of work must be at least 50 miles farther from your former home than was your former principal place of work.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space