By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

This is a legal process of dividing up a jointly owned parcel of land. For example, you own investment land with your brother and the two of you haven't talked in decades. Your lack of cooperation prevents either of you from using the land. If your brother refuses any cooperation you can sue (bring an action) for the court to partition the property, so that you can each own an approximately equal parcel of the land individually and develop or sell it.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space