Registered Agent

By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

Most types of entities, LLCs included, specify in the documents they file when formed (Certificate of Formation or Articles of Organization for an LLC) a person upon whom notice should be given (served) in the event of a lawsuit or other matter. This designated person is often called a Registered Agent. Be careful that if the person named moves to a new address, or is no longer appropriate (e.g. he or she is no longer a Member, etc.), that you file a Certificate of Amendment to change the designation.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space