Uniform Gifts (Transfers) to Minors Act (UGMA or UTMA)

By: Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, JD

A method to hold property for the benefit of another person, such as your child, which is similar to a trust, but is governed by state law. It is simpler and much cheaper to establish and administer, but is far less flexible.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space