Medical POA

Medical POA

Where can I find forms for last will and testament of wishes upon a comatose state?


It sounds like you're asking for forms to help make medical decisions for a person who is comatose (or in any other condition in which they cannot make their own health care decisions). If that's what you're looking for, you need both a health care proxy (medical power of attorney) appointing an agent and a living will which is a statement of your health care wishes. Obviously, you have to sign these while you are competent. If the person you are seeking these for is already comatose, no one can sign these documents on their behalf, instead, you have to bring a guardianship proceeding in court (it might be called by a different name in your state). Sample living wills and health proxies appear in the estate planning forms sections of this site. You can also order the book Shenkman and Klein "Living Wills and Health Care Proxies: Protecting your End of Life Decisions" on Bottom line - none of these steps are as simple or easy that you should do them on your own with a simple form. You really want to consult an attorney specializing in estate planning. If you have any health conditions, you should also review the decisions involved with your attending physician. If you have any religious affiliation or interests you should have all of the documents reviewed by your religious adviser as there may be significant religious issues that need to be addressed.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space