Motions Form

Motions Form

Where would I find a form for a motion to dismiss or remove counsel for a court appointed attorney?


Try the court that made the appointment. A clerk might be able to advise you if there is a standard form. You might all choose to discuss it with the attorney. He/She may not want to serve if not wanted, and may not want to go through an adversarial removal process. If that's the case, he/she may be willing to voluntarily resign or petition the court on your behalf for a replacement. While there might be form books you can consult, you really should have a local litigation specialist help you. There are often a myriad of deadlines and formalities that have to be adhered to to avoid jeopardizing a motion (or any court proceeding). Failing to adhere to all might undermine your case.

Our Consumer Webcasts and Blogs

Subscribe to our email list to receive information on consumer webcasts and blogs, for practical legal information in simple English, delivered to your inbox. For more professional driven information, please visit Shenkman Law to subscribe.

Ad Space